SoundBetter - Upwork for singers, musicians and producers

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

SoundBetter - Upwork for singers, musicians and producers

Post by Guy Rowland »

This week I came across SoundBetter, a service aimed at singers and songwriters advertised as "Finish your song", and offering "The world’s best mixing & mastering engineers, singers, songwriters, producers and studio musicians for hire".

The guy I met is doing it part time to supplement his income, and having a good time with it. While the site sells itself to singers as "do you want to work with Taylor Swift's drummer?", most people on the site are at a more modest level, and I'd imagine most TSB members would easily qualify. Singer / songwriters advertise their jobs and how much they will pay, and members pitch for the work.

Apparently - and I haven't directly looked into this - you can also submit tracks to a library where people can buy them outright or pay per usage.

I'd be more wary if I hadn't met this guy this week who is really enjoying it and getting significant supplemental income. I don't think I'm in the market for it myself at this point, but thought I'd put the word out as an alternative to production music - collaborating with an individual might be more rewarding for some.

https://soundbetter.com/

Here's a short youtube review with background music that is too loud: