Realidrums half price deal

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
X-bassist

Realidrums half price deal

Post by X-bassist »

Just noticed Realitone has dropped it's discount price on Realidrums by another $50. That's half off list! A great deal for some solid drums and a cool pattern player that feels like a real player. Check it out.
http://realitone.com/realidrums/

Jack Weaver

Re: Realidrums half price deal

Post by Jack Weaver »

Too bad the new features don't work with AU (i.e., Logic).

Sadness smiley lacking.

playz123

Post by playz123 »

I highly admire Mike and his products, and have a number of them. But alas I just don't need more drum software. I'll try to continue to support his work though any way I can. and I always wish him all the best. And yes, Jack, too bad the features don't work with Logic as I know many here use that program.
Frank E. Lancaster

Mike Greene

Post by Mike Greene »

Just to be clear, all RealiDrums features work in Logic (which is what I use) with the one exception of sending MIDI out to other drum modules. In fact, I think it can be done using the environment, but I'm reluctant to say that because even if I got it working here, I don't want to deal with the tech support. ;)

That's not to say you guys need to buy it, mind you. (I'm quite sure Jack and Frank and most others here are up to their ears in drum libraries. Although . . . I believe RealiDrums is a way faster way to work.) It's just that I want to clarify, because I'm getting a ton of "Doesn't work in Logic???" questions. Ironically, I think adding that feature has hurt more than helped.

mark

Post by mark »

If you ever did get it working in Logic and were prepared to share your environment template, I promise I'd never bug you with tech support questions about it!!

Jack Weaver

Post by Jack Weaver »

Mike,

I only made mention because I'm still interested in RealiDrums. No attempt on my part to slag it. I like the sounds, all the drums choices and the features. It's very well conceived and executed. It was just a bit surprising to me that your newest, cool feature worked on everything but the DAW that's my first choice for MIDI.

Yeah, I do have a few drum libraries already. But that day when I'm in just the right mood, I'll make the move and be able to call RealiDrums my very own.

Besides, it's made by one the greatest guys on Earth.

playz123

Post by playz123 »

My Confession:
I lied. It was completely unintentional, of course, but nevertheless I must confess. One might suggest it was more an example of changing one's mind...those of the female persuasion are often familiar with that concept, ....but nevertheless, I just ended up buying RealiDrums...a few days after stating above that I really didn't need any more drum libraries.
But my change of plans is also a perfect example of how "we make plans; God laughs". a) Yesterday I got involved in a pop music project that showed up 'out of the blue' and was therefore unexpected, b) I was perusing Black Friday mailings, and was drawn by an invisible force towards watching Mike's walk-through again and then c) my credit card jumped out of my wallet. Before I knew it, I was downloading RealiDrums. That's just how persuasive Mike can be.
But seriously, I have actually been quite interested in this product since day one, and think a lot of what Mike mentions makes perfect sense. So, it really wasn't a difficult decision to make after I thought about it for a while, nor was it earth shattering. Now I'm of to "bang on me drum all day".
Frank E. Lancaster