Insanity Samples - The Stein

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
srkrishnan

Insanity Samples - The Stein

Post by srkrishnan »

Came across this piano today. What do you guys think?

https://insanitysamples.com/products/th ... cert-grand

Many more demos are on the website.

THE STEIN is a meticulously sampled Antique Steinway Model B. With a depth of character and colour that instantly inspires from the first note. With a whopping 10 individually configurable microphone signals, 6 of which placed to create a deep stereo image, the nuance captured is highly detailed. The STEIN also has additional mechanical noises from pedal sounds alongside mechanical & musical release triggers for added realism. We have also created a trailblazing approach to the sympathetic frequencies heard when using a sustain pedal on the real deal. A concert grand not to be missed!

So nuanced, you'll feel like you are sitting in the room with this one of a kind Concert Grand...

Important Note: The STEIN requires the FULL version of Kontakt 5/6/7 or above. Do not purchase this if you only have Kontakt Player.

AT A GLANCE

3,311 samples
10 mic signals [player pos l/r, front l/r, soundboard l/r, centre, rear, floor & room]
4 dynamics with 2 rr's across all velocities
revolutionary sustain-pedal-down sympathetic resonance workflow
mechanical & release sounds
special FX reverse texture
EQ & post effects chain

System Requirements
i5 or equivalent (i7 recommended)
4GB RAM (8-16GB recommended, the more the better!)
7GB Free Space (SSD preferable)

playz123

Re: Insanity Samples - The Stein

Post by playz123 »

Gymnopedie No. 1 definitely created my interest to look into this. Can’t say I like the reverberation added to many of these demos, but perhaps it’s just a matter of taste. Do hope it’s not part of the library and has indeed been added. Will listen further once I’m back in my studio.
Frank E. Lancaster