Softube / Model 77

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Softube / Model 77

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Softube have released the Model 77, a software recreation of the Yamaha CS-80.

"Model 77 Dual Layer Synth gives you one of the most influential sounds of our time. It is the iconic sound of Blade Runner, Chariots of Fire, Billie Jean, Africa, and Human Nature — among countless others. We modeled and accurately articulated every detail of the circuits of three legendarily expressive Japanese synthesizers from 1977 and put them in one user-friendly plug-in. The sound, interaction, and performance remain as close to the hardware as possible, while the complex interfaces of the original instruments are enhanced with an intuitive redesign. Finally, your most-coveted synth has the workflow you deserve."

- Polyphonic aftertouch and voice allocation
- The easy call-up of original factory presets
- Workflow enhancements such as a redesigned interface, stereo processing, DAW sync, keyboard tracking, unison mode, and more
- Modular- and Amp Room-ready: includes seven modules for Softube Modular, our modular synthesis plug-in and platform, and two modules for Amp Room guitar and bass platform

Softube Model 77 Dual Layer Synth is avaible for download at Softube's website with the intro price of 99 USD until October 3rd, 2024 (Reg. 159 USD)

mickeyl

Re: Softube / Model 77

Post by mickeyl »

Sounds great, (again) much better than CherryAudio‘s version. The modules are a nice bonus.
Cheers,

Dr. Michael Lauer – My Music

wst3

Post by wst3 »

as much as I can tell from listening over the web it sounds nice! I have no complaints about the Cherry Audio version, but Softube does a nice job with synthesizers, I'll almost certainly add this to the far-too-large list of classic synth emulations at my fingertips.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

The updated Arturia does well for me.