Korg Collection 5 inc ARP 2600

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Re: Korg Collection 5 inc ARP 2600

Post by Guy Rowland »

I demoed the ARP 2600 today (trial limited to 20 mins per session). The Korg software pass thingy worked fine, and I didn't have any CPU issues - it seemed to be around 8% of total CPU in standalone on my Ryzen 7900.

It sounded authentically vintage to my ears with the spring reverb and no other effects.

With the best will in the world, I'm not going to have the patience to learn it properly though, so have decided to skip. Feels like a very nice product for those who want to get into the nitty gritty though.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

Guy - there are some arcane oddities that were happy accidents, but you can create an awful lot of sounds just following the usual subtractive synthesis approach.

Mikeybabes

Post by Mikeybabes »

I already had the v4 Legacy Collection, so the upgrade for me was $99, which I thought was well worth it.

I am having fun with the EP-1 and Vox, the Arp - well let's just say I'm not really a synth head. However I used it in standalone mode on my M1 Studio and had a good play through all the presets, and no issues with crackling/overload....

(it's so helpful when people post 'it works foe me' but it does...)

GR Baumann

Post by GR Baumann »

danatkorg wrote: Jul 21, 2024 1:59 am Dan Phillips here, from Korg R&D in California, the team that created the ARP 2600 plug-in.
:D Who would have seen that one coming, Dan Phillips in da house! :thumbsup:

Hi Dan, so good to see you're still around. Back then Jerry K. was the marketing side, when the original burgundy red beauty was launched. Good Lord, that's what, 24 years ago? I no longer use workstations and sold all my hardware over time, but the burgundy beauty, kinda sentimental I guess, she is still here.

It just hit me :idea: , did you not have that pipe avatar back then, over on Irish acts?

How about Jerry, still Hawai?

Geeze, we are old. :D
Best
Georg