(solved) Faulty Build up

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Erik

(solved) Faulty Build up

Post by Erik »

my PC build up hasn’t gone well : tiny mother card leds indicates a CPU and RAM dysfunctions. I cannot switch the tower off unless I use the PSU rocker switch itself. And the vidcard is not working properly (« no signal » message on the screen. Might be related to the CPU bug, though).

Mobo : x670E PRO RS
Rizen 7900
Ram Fury beast DDR5 2x32

It’s the same build up’than Guy - I’m’not brave enough to spec the build myself so I copied his ;-)

I’ve tried to move/remove the Sdram from one slot to another , double checked CPU was correctly placed.

Any help appreciated, thanx !
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

Guy Rowland

Re: Faulty Build up

Post by Guy Rowland »

I wish I could remember some of my glitches, Erik - this stuff goes out of my head so fast.

One starter question now I think of it - have you flashed the motherboard to the latest BIOS? You download it from the ASrock website and put it on a USB memory stick. IIRC the instructions in the manual are pretty good.

EDIT - just to add that the BIOS update can be critical, newer versions support more CPUs and RAM.

Topic author
Erik

[solved] Faulty Build up

Post by Erik »

Thanx Guy!
I made a rookie error : didn’t plug the CPU cable to the PSU - no instruction about it on the printed manual. It’s from the MoBo to the PSU, actually.
A tad rusted since my last build up was more than 10 years ago.
Now comes the soft side of things, flashing Bios, transferring data and the like…
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Ah! Good news, it's wonderful when it's something like an air gap! Keep us posted on how it goes.

Topic author
Erik

Post by Erik »

Thank you Guy, I will.