Synapse Audio Legend HZ released

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
mickeyl

Synapse Audio Legend HZ released

Post by mickeyl »

Cheers,

Dr. Michael Lauer – My Music

Guy Rowland

Re: Synapse Audio Legend HZ released

Post by Guy Rowland »

The Legend was always held in high esteem as an emulation, but it was far from alone. I always have Monark for a pure MiniMoog experience and if I want to take it further and go in different directions there's Diva. The Legend HZ opts for a MiniMoog Plus model, adding six more oscillators, more flexible ADSR, MSEGs and modulation, a fixed filter bank from the Modular series, fx, arp, sequencer and so on. It sounds terrific - all the MiniMoog sonics but more in every direction.

But I did mention Diva, didn't I? I can twist a MiniMoog in a bazillion different ways there. This is more fixed, which can be its own strength, and undoubtedly there are tricks here that Diva can't do. But Diva also has a proper tag browser, whereas this is left firmly in Y2K terriftory, inexplicable in any modern soft synth.

Overall for for me this doesn't quite tug at the buyer's impulse, especially not at $179.

Topic author
mickeyl

Post by mickeyl »

With 100$ off, if you own the legacy legend, the impulse gets stronger…
Cheers,

Dr. Michael Lauer – My Music

GR Baumann

Post by GR Baumann »

Anyone recognise the red fader box on his desk?

Agreed Guy, apparently somewhat a "brandname price".

Linos

Post by Linos »

GR Baumann wrote: May 06, 2024 10:35 pm Anyone recognise the red fader box on his desk?
One of these:

https://choisaucedesigns.com/

If I remember correctly, the person who makes them is a technician at Remote Control.

Tobias Escher

Post by Tobias Escher »

Linos wrote: May 07, 2024 3:47 am
GR Baumann wrote: May 06, 2024 10:35 pm Anyone recognise the red fader box on his desk?
One of these:

https://choisaucedesigns.com/

If I remember correctly, the person who makes them is a technician at Remote Control.
Yes, Chuck Choi - I think he's also the guy who makes that fancy touchscreen controller everyone is drooling about, but only RC people get :)
I've heard good things about that box and the touchscreen controller is awesome. I'd get that in a heartbeat, just for the joy of toying around with it.

GR Baumann

Post by GR Baumann »

Oh wow :D Thanks folks!

Utterly outrageous price tag for midi faders, no company information on website, hence no business to be taken serious as far as I am concerned. But influencer marketing is everything these days, and now that Hans promoted the product, undoubtedly a shovel will be required by Chuck Choi :D for incoming orders.

GR Baumann

Post by GR Baumann »

Tobias Escher wrote: May 07, 2024 1:16 pm Yes, Chuck Choi - I think he's also the guy who makes that fancy touchscreen controller everyone is drooling about, but only RC people get :)
I've heard good things about that box and the touchscreen controller is awesome. I'd get that in a heartbeat, just for the joy of toying around with it.
:D

So ist's bestellt in dieser Welt
Der eine hat den Beutel
Der andere das Geld

;)

wst3

Post by wst3 »

It is a very nice sounding plugin, and it might possibly do things I can not, at present, do. MIGHT!

At the current price tag I'm afraid I have to pass, the value is not there for me.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

And for the fader box, at the volume he likely sells (purposefully it appears) the price is fair. That was not a simple design, and he does deserve a reward for his efforts.

Don't misunderstand - I paid about the same for a 4 fader box from Musiotech. It is exceedingly well made, and the faders feel great. I have yet to feel the need for more faders, but maybe I am missing something.

My point, if I had one, is that it is priced pretty fairly if you need a fader box.

GR Baumann

Post by GR Baumann »

horses for courses

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

When I see Hans Zimmer in a product name, while I very much respect him, my first thought is probably not for me.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I don't think less of them for using HZ as a marketing gimmick, my main issue is that I have far too many synth plugins already, and as an official geezer, I am more comfortable with synths that emulate, or at least follow, the old standard analog synths from my youth. The one exception so far is Camel Audio Alchemy.

u-He is an interesting amalgam - Zebra and Hive seem to follow along the lines of Alchemy, Diva and Repro seem more like emulations, extended emulations, but none the less...

I seem to have surprisingly few synth plugins that are not modeled after old hardware. I should probably do something about that.