$100 off Nugen plugins for filling in a survey

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

$100 off Nugen plugins for filling in a survey

Post by Guy Rowland »

Title says it all really. The only caveat is that you have to buy something of greater value than $100 for it to work. They have a couple of new plugins coming, A/B assist and Jotter, which they describe as an "annotation plugin". Whatever that is.

https://nugenaudio.com/annual-survey-20 ... int_intro2

Duncan Krummel

Re: $100 off Nugen plugins for filling in a survey

Post by Duncan Krummel »

Any thoughts on Monofilter? Seems potentially worth the risk at $29.

lofi

Post by lofi »

Jotter is a brand new utility plug-in for making notes and comments, designed with collaboration in mind. Simply insert Jotter anywhere in your project, and add annotations locked to the timecode. These can be shared between collaborators either via the plug-in, or via an exported .csv file. Jotter can also be used as a standalone application in situations where a DAW is either unavailable or simply not required.

Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Duncan Krummel wrote: Jan 22, 2023 1:21 amAny thoughts on Monofilter? Seems potentially worth the risk at $29.
Monofilter is no risk at $29, it’s a very useful and high-quality tool. That said, if all you would need it for is narrowing the image of the lower frequency range and you’re not too fussy about how it’s done, you could just as well turn to any of Brainworx’s plugins as they almost all have a mono-maker included.

Other good choices are DMG Audio’s Dualism and Goodhertz’s MidSide (both of these going much further than mere narrowing of the low end). The most advanced tool at this moment however for controlling/enhancing the presence and image of the lower frequency ranges is ToneProject’s BassLane Pro. But we've moved far away from Monofilter's friendly $29 price with these plugins.

The NUGEN plugin which I use most of all — in fact: all the time — is SigMod, a little suite of 13 utilities that are surprisingly useful. Don’t use all of them all of the time of course, except two: ‘Protect’ is the last plugin on my StereoOut and is set to immediately shut down the volume the moment it exceeds +2dB and I also use SigMod to load IrcamSPAT. Used to use DDMF MetaPlug for that, but a few updates ago something changed and it no longer works as well as it used to. NUGEN’s SigMod, on the other hand, works perfectly.

__

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Piet De Ridder wrote: Jan 22, 2023 4:51 am The NUGEN plugin which I use most of all — in fact: all the time — is SigMod
Me too, it's entirely for the protect functionality in my case. I've not successfully been able to VST3 host with it, just keeps crashing on interminably long scans. Waves' free StudioRack is excellent for this though.

Just to highlight SigMod is £34, so ineligible for the discount. (I'm not sure if you can bundle with other low price products)

EDIT - for frequency dependent width, Waves Vitamin is another option I've used successfully a few times.

Duncan Krummel

Post by Duncan Krummel »

Piet and Guy, appreciate both of your inputs, thank you! An understandable shame about the $100 minimum. I currently have the free, non-pro Basslane, which is probably sufficient for much of what I’d need Monofilter for. Plus, after some more thinking, I’d rather save for the pro version instead.

Now Sigmod is definitely intriguing. I have the now-abandoned Ice9 plugin for catching overs on the output, but who know how long that will last into the future? I’ll keep Sigmod on my radar, then.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Jotter seems interesting, but there's no demo version. Could be useful when opening a finished session months later & there are notes to help me remember what I did. But I'm not buying it without testing out how it functions in Pro Tools. And having to take a survey just to find out the price is lame.

Spoiler: it's $49 on sale for $29.
Be an upstander.

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

Nugen let me know they've put demos of Jotter and AB Assist on their site:

https://nugenaudio.com/download-demos/
Be an upstander.