Celemony Melodyne 4

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Udo

Re: Celemony Melodyne 4 released

Post by Udo »

I think the upgrade is very worthwhile for the sound design aspects alone. I see a lot of potential, incl. an easier/quicker way to achieve certain things for which I currently use Kyma.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Udo wrote:I think the upgrade is very worthwhile for the sound design aspects alone. I see a lot of potential, incl. an easier/quicker way to achieve certain things for which I currently use Kyma.
Woiw, Kyma is the holy grail of sound design. Please tell more...

Udo

Post by Udo »

Guy Rowland wrote:
Udo wrote:I think the upgrade is very worthwhile for the sound design aspects alone. I see a lot of potential, incl. an easier/quicker way to achieve certain things for which I currently use Kyma.
Woiw, Kyma is the holy grail of sound design. Please tell more...
I'm not at all implying that it appears to provide anything more than an extremely tiny fraction of what I use Kyma for :shock:, but regardless of anything else, the new features in the upgrade make it a useful sound design tool.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Fair dos!

Mystic

Post by Mystic »

Their team have patched the major problem people were complaining about. I upgraded from Editor to Studio. :)

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Mystic wrote:Their team have patched the major problem people were complaining about. I upgraded from Editor to Studio. :)
Cool, that was quick. Way to go, Celemony.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Raymond_Kemp

Post by Raymond_Kemp »

Yes! I also upgraded from Editor to Studio. Do I need it? No, but I'm going to have so much fun with it.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Seeking advice here from Melodyne users. One project I have on at the moment involves music editing someone else's kit-of-parts score. I have complete carte blanche to edit, modify and adapt it with everyone's blessing, but I can't compose. It occurred to me this week that perhaps Melodyne can help me here - a classic situation would be to change a final chord from major to minor, say. But even better would be to change a major to a 7th - adding an extra note to a chord at my bidding, not just shifting one by a semitone. Another - hopefully simpler - scenario might be to add a rallentando. A - How easy is it to perform these tasks (does it, say, chord analyse and then offer click button alternatives?) and B) how well does it do them?

Raymond_Kemp

Re: Celemony Melodyne 4

Post by Raymond_Kemp »

Guy, I'm not sure if this will be a help but check it out

https://www.producelikeapro.com/video/m ... ike-a-pro/

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Thanks Ray, interesting video but not quite what I'm after...

Raymond_Kemp

Post by Raymond_Kemp »

It will be down to how clean the notes in the chord are towards changing individual notes without too may artifacts.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Raymond_Kemp wrote:It will be down to how clean the notes in the chord are towards changing individual notes without too may artifacts.
That figures - and hopefully why final chords might work well. Still interested in the details of detecting and then augmenting chords, affecting a rallentando etc.

Raymond_Kemp

Post by Raymond_Kemp »

I'd like to do some tests but I may not have the time this week as I have a heavier than usual day job schedule that will also include evenings of fine dining and the odd dram.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

No rush, greatly appreciate you looking into it - cheers

Raymond_Kemp

Post by Raymond_Kemp »

Quick question: Are the changes you seek to be from an audio track with no rall? The 7th thing? no probs, the rall? hmmm!

After a quick check: The difficulty is lengthening while keeping note attacks constant.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Raymond_Kemp wrote:Quick question: Are the changes you seek to be from an audio track with no rall? The 7th thing? no probs, the rall? hmmm!

After a quick check: The difficulty is lengthening while keeping note attacks constant.
Yes - so a track with no rall to add one. A 7th would be a separate case - these are all examples of the kinds of things that would be useful.

Messing up the attacks - that sounds entirely plausible!