Orchestral Tools Layers - Free Instrument

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Re: Orchestral Tools Layers - Free Instrument

Post by Guy Rowland »

Tobias Escher wrote: Jan 18, 2020 12:09 pmThere's a growing User Guide at helpdesk.orchestraltools.com
I'm adding to it as we continue to develop SINE Player and based on user feedback. So if you miss anything, let me know! The old helpdesk was wayyyyyyyy too big. I want to not miss anything important, obviously, but I also don't want to write a novel that no one can read.
Ah there it is! Looks lovely - definitely needs linking somewhere obvious from the main site and plugin imo.

Maybe worth adding about how to move all the keyswitches on the Performance page help, I may be slow (indeed I am) but it took me ages to work out it wasn't possible there and you had to do the Options / Remap thing. Cheers Tobias!

Hannes_F

Post by Hannes_F »

Tobias Escher wrote: Jan 18, 2020 12:09 pm
Hannes_F wrote: Jan 17, 2020 8:19 pm @FriFlo
Don't know about old or new, but the chords are clearly put together from single sections, not recorded together. Why? Because they are in tempered tuning, while a strings orchestra would arrive at a more pure tuning.
no, they are not. All chords are recorded as they are, not edited from individual notes.
Interesting; I stand corrected then. Thanks for the information.
Traveller in boundlessness, at home in the Now
http://www.strings-on-demand.com

Tobias Escher

Post by Tobias Escher »

Guy: You can actually drag around the keyswitches on the performance page, just like the playable range :)

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Tobias Escher wrote: Jan 18, 2020 10:09 pm Guy: You can actually drag around the keyswitches on the performance page, just like the playable range :)
I can't make this work - I can shuffle them around, but can't move them en masse to start at a totally different octave, say.

Geoff Grace

Post by Geoff Grace »

Lovely sounds, especially for a free library. I look forward to trying it out.

Off topic: I've always wondered why the narrator of Orchestral Tools videos pronounces musical terms so differently than we do in the US, despite having an American accent. In the case of the video in the opening post, he pronounces "triads" as "tree ads" rather than as "try ads."

My guess is that he's a good narrator, but unaware of some music terminology. Alternatively, perhaps Canadians pronounce it that way, and he's Canadian. My guess is the former, but I'm curious to find out.

Best,

Geoff

kpc

Post by kpc »

I wondered the same thing. Sounds very odd to my ear to hear him say it that way.
- kayle

tack

Post by tack »

Geoff Grace wrote: Jan 20, 2020 6:19 amAlternatively, perhaps Canadians pronounce it that way, and he's Canadian.
We don't. :)

I personally would prefer to hear Hendrik narrate OT's videos rather than hiring a voiceover. For me Hendrik has this genuine kid-in-a-candystore wonderment that I find infectious. You can tell he just loves this stuff.

But at least the new guy is better than this guy, where I would constantly think of this.
- Jason

Dave

Post by Dave »

Guy Rowland wrote: Jan 18, 2020 4:01 am Finally had a play with this, thanks to Tobias I discovered you have to create a new account, and merging with the old will happen further down the road.
Thanks for mentioning this...I was getting pissed off trying to figure out wtf was going on.

mickeyl

Post by mickeyl »

tack wrote: Jan 20, 2020 9:34 amI personally would prefer to hear Hendrik narrate OT's videos rather than hiring a voiceover. For me Hendrik has this genuine kid-in-a-candystore wonderment that I find infectious. You can tell he just loves this stuff.
This!
Cheers,

Dr. Michael Lauer – My Music