Native Instruments Straylight

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Native Instruments Straylight

Post by Guy Rowland »

GRANULAR-BASED SOUND DESIGN

Craft unique cinematic soundscapes, transitions, and ambient tones in real-time. Built for sound designers and film, TV, and game composers, STRAYLIGHT is ideal for everything from post-apocalyptic sci-fi to gritty thrillers. It combines specialized grain and sample playback modules with carefully captured sound sources, effects, and a powerful performance-based X-Y modulation matrix, allowing inspirational dynamic performance and sound design, direct to picture.
Kontakt Player library, UK price £129.

wst3

Re: Native Instruments Straylight

Post by wst3 »

It looks very interesting - and I love that they asked Paul Haslinger to be their spokesperson for it.

DrQuest

Post by DrQuest »

Looks like Paul was on the development team as a consultant.
STRAYLIGHT was built in collaboration with Frank Elting and The most human colors, a boutique instrument and sound design agency. The instrument was also developed in consultation with composer Paul Haslinger (Underworld, Minority Report, Fear The Walking Dead, Rainbow Six: Siege).

X-bassist

Post by X-bassist »

Sounds really great, just don’t know if I want to pay full price ($149 US) when a half price sale down the line will make it so much more attractive. It just fits well with most of the film scores I do. Hmmm...