Spitfire Audio Kepler Orchestra

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Spitfire Audio Kepler Orchestra

Post by Guy Rowland »

A rhythmic grid instrument:

£199 til June 6th then £249.

tack

Re: Spitfire Audio Kepler Orchestra

Post by tack »

If anyone has it I'd be interested in opinions. It's doing some interesting things, but ultimately I wasn't won over from the walkthrough.
- Jason

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Yes... on the one hand its always good to see a library that is trying something new, but on the other I'm not sure results are terribly successful really. I see on VI-C there's a lot of talk of ultra-high CPU, and something that did bother me in the walkthrough was releases - there don't seem to be any, its just ADSR, which in the real world is likely to be the kiss of death to realism here.

givemenoughrope

Post by givemenoughrope »

From the demos and walkthrough, this seems like the point where the marketing outshines the product. Not sold. Great idea but I can’t imagine that this isn’t a glorified phrase library.

GR Baumann

Post by GR Baumann »

£249 eeh, for that?...No!

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Price is currently $229 US so that is much less than 249 GBP!?
Frank E. Lancaster

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

playz123 wrote: May 30, 2019 10:48 am Price is currently $229 US so that is much less than 249 GBP!?
Yes, it’s £199 for the next week, the rest of the difference is VAT.

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

Guy Rowland wrote: May 29, 2019 5:02 am Yes... on the one hand its always good to see a library that is trying something new, but on the other I'm not sure results are terribly successful really. I see on VI-C there's a lot of talk of ultra-high CPU, and something that did bother me in the walkthrough was releases - there don't seem to be any, its just ADSR, which in the real world is likely to be the kiss of death to realism here.
I have it and it can do some really great things and sound very natural doing them. The release sample issue for textural stuff should not be a big issue. The Cpu thing is working ok here on a powerful Mac but it does tweak my meters which could be concerning in a project with a lot of things going on.
So far I give the library a big but somewhat guarded thumbs up.