Arturia Pigments soft synth

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Arturia Pigments soft synth

Post by Guy Rowland »

Pigments is a hybrid virtual analogue / wavetable synthesizer, with some interesting modulation and workflow ideas.

Pigments features a twin audio engine, letting you mix virtual analog and wavetable oscillators to create the perfect starting point for your patch. You can even morph wavetables, or import your own.

What you do next is up to you. Experiment with 3 envelopes, 3 LFOs, and 3 function generators. Assign modulators to animate your sound, and breathe life into it. Add controlled, or totally wild random changes to any parameter with a Turing probability generator. Run it through 2 filters, with any combination of iconic analog filters or modern formant and surgeon filters you want. Process your patch with exciting contemporary effects like wavefolder and multifilter, or vintage studio reverbs, delays, and EQs.

Scanning a matrix for the right parameter works, but it isn’t the only way.

Thanks to its unique interface, Pigments doesn’t just make complex modulations easy, it makes them fun. This is a new approach to building sounds.
https://www.arturia.com/products/analog ... verview#en

I can't see mention of price, but I read on KVR it is $149 with discounts for existing Arturia owners. Free month demo apparently.

SirKen

Re: Arturia Pigments soft synth

Post by SirKen »

I logged in to my account and it says $69 for V-Collection owners. It is very generous but I don't know if I need it.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Yes, I does look rather appealing and has its own tricks, but there’s no getting around the fact that it’s another very capable soft synth in a very crowded market. I find myself thinking if I didn’t have Avenger I might well give it a go, but will likely pass.

The Saxer

Post by The Saxer »

Nice way to show the waveforms and mods!