AUDIOFIER releases SEQui2R EX & VESPER for Kontakt 5.5

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Audiofier team

AUDIOFIER releases SEQui2R EX & VESPER for Kontakt 5.5

Post by Audiofier team »

Hello Everybody,

I'm pleased to announce the release of VESPER for Kontakt 5.5.

VESPER is a double engine themed ROMpler, geared towards "bells and twinkly things" type of sounds. But it features a randomiser engine, a twin step sequencer and a "Trails layer" which is designed to add motion to each patch.

Vesper comes with 135 sound sources loadable in 2 different slots, plus 20 Trails. Each sound source is multisampled and comes with 3 round robins.

Audiofier's new "intelligent" Randomiser feature is designed to create new sounds quickly. It possible to recall past randomisations and go back and forth in the randomisation history, also recalling past randomistation on the fly. Vesper offers the possibility to create patches from scratch, with multiple ways of choosing sound sources, including a categorised Sound Browser, which works hand in hand with the randomisation engine to quickly create sounds.
Vesper gives the option to reverse sounds on the fly and to adjust the length of each reversed sound by setting the start point with the mod wheel.

In Vesper the user can play both sound sources at once (Single map Mode), one per key zone (Dual Map Mode) or randomly (Random Map Mode), creating interesting changing textures. This both while in Normal Mode or Step Sequencer Mode. The keyboard zones can be defined by the user.
Permanent random generated sequences and Temporary random sequences spice up stale and repetitive phrases.

Price: $59

Please visit http://www.audiofier.com/vesper/

Also:

We have released SEQui2R EX, which includes all Sequi2r 1.2 Factory Sounds, all expansions (1, 2 and 3) plus the new Expansion 4, "Fingers and plectrums"

SEQui2R EX's engine has been updated to V1.3 and includes some new features such as:
• 2 new Sub Layers, One per Sound Source.
• The user can choose 2 additional sounds and decide at what velocity they will play instead of the main sound source, for a total of 4 sound sources per phrase.

• 100 new Sounds Sources and many new snapshots/presets

• Updated random notes direction.
• New convolution reverbs types

Please visit http://www.audiofier.com/sequi2rex/
Price: $99
Crossgrades and Update price available for owners of SEQui2R 1.2 with or without expansions, please visit Audiofier website for more info and pricing.

If you don't know yet about SEQui2R here are some of its features:

•   Two separate sound engines with 660 sound sources.
•   11.35GB NCW File compressed.
• One additional Sub Layer per Sound Engine brings a total of 4 sounds per Phrase.
•  8 programmable phrases per patch, with step-able Filters, Distortion, Lo-Fi, Pitch Bend, Volume and and Pan.
•   Key/Scale Control keeps your phrases in the desired scales and keys. Major, Minor, Diminished and Whole-tone scales are provided.
• 10 User programmable scales available per patch.
•   Portamento, Stutter and Ornamento per step.
•   Reverse-able and Random notes per step.
•   Randomisation of Sounds, StepFX and phrases.
•   Import and Export of Phrases plus StepFx and User Key/Scales.
•   Midi Notes Midifile Drag & Drop export.
•   Automate-able Step effects, even at a phrase level.
•   Requires FULL VERSION of NI KONTAKT 5.5. (Not compatible with NI Kontakt Player).

Have a great day.

Roby from Audiofier

playz123

Re: AUDIOFIER releases SEQui2R EX for Kontakt 5.5

Post by playz123 »

Picked this up during the VST Buzz sale last August, played with it for awhile, but due to the type of music with which I've been involved, didn't use it all that much. But having said that I did find it useful from time to time, sound quality is good and it has some interesting features. I can't claim it's the most intuitive program I've ever used though and some pages in the manual left me with a blank look on my face. I've mostly used the presets, but have altered them with the Effects from time to time.
Based on my interest, I did purchase this update, and while the layout doesn't seem much different, and all my minor concerns are still there, I also feel I received value for my money. In fact while going through some of the presets that are new (to me) I even found something I can sneak into my current project. But there are still a few things that leave me puzzled. For example, when I hit one of the control keys below the main playing keys, the key works as expected, but in the latest version of Kontakt there is no indication in the keyboard display that a key has been pressed, or which key was pressed. Yet the playing keys show an indication as expected. I still haven't learned how to change a key in a sequence so it stays changed, but maybe one needs to save the preset if, for example, one changes a D# to a D? As mentioned I probably need to spend more time with the manual again though.
Anyway, congratulations to Audiofier on this update, and I hope it does well for you.
Frank E. Lancaster

Udo

Post by Udo »

I thought commercial announcements by developers are not allowed on this forum ...... (of course it's not very hard to scam your way around that ..... ;) )

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Udo wrote:I thought commercial announcements by developers are not allowed on this forum ...... (of course it's not very hard to scam your way around that ..... ;) )
Not at all - the rule is simply that anyone can post here, developers and non-developers alike. No special dispensation, but all are welcome to post (and hello to you Roby!)

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Whoops, somehow I managed to lock this topic all on my own. What a twit. Hopefully this message also unlocks it. Huge apologies to Roby - carry on everyone!

playz123

Post by playz123 »

:) Wondered why this wasn't receiving more comments.
Frank E. Lancaster

Topic author
Audiofier team

Post by Audiofier team »

Hi Frank (playz123)
glad you got SEQui2R EX and like it :-)

Regarding the Keyswitches issue you mentioned: SEQui2R EX at boot is in "View SEquence generated notes" mode (fancy name for you see what the notes of the phrase you are playing are), but if you switch to the options tab and find the VIEW NOTES option, when you set it to "0" , SEQui2R EX will display on the keyboard the keys you are pressing, including all the keyswitches below the playable notes. It's in the manual, but who reads it anyway (i don't, i just write them:-)

Regarding the Scale/key control:
Once you select the key you want, it stays there until you close your DAW project. Now, some DAWs (like LogicProx i believe) will remember everything including the scale, others won't. To be safe always save SEQui2R EX as a Custom Snapshot (maybe with the title of the song, or a short version of it) so when you recall the song, your DAW will recall the correct settings.

Regarding the comment : "Wondered why this wasn't receiving more comments."
I appreciated it but the truth is (and this is said by a lot of our customers) many want to keep SEqui2R as a secret weapon, you won't find much on the net, although, many people have it. It's probably a niche product :-)

PS:
Thank Guy for your prompt action, i wanted to reply this asap and you made it possible. Thank you :-)

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Many thanks for that info. As mentioned, for some reason, I haven't found this to be the most intuitive software I've ever encountered, and although I normally go through a manual from cover to cover, there were a few pages in this one which left me glassy-eyed. :) But I also fully admit that more time and effort on my part will be required in the days ahead, and suspect that will increase my understanding. I also think though that the key switch situation is a good example of something that might be a bit more intuitive. With most music software the keys in the display respond without having to go in and change some settings. In any case, these are only minor concerns and certainly aren't meant to reflect on the SEQui2REX in a negative way.
I'd still love to read more comments from other users, and I hope to be able to spend more time working with, and learning about, this software in the days ahead. It's too good a program to keep secret, :) and it's obvious that a lot of care and effort has gone into creating it! Cheers!
Frank E. Lancaster

Topic author
Audiofier team

Re: AUDIOFIER releases SEQui2R EX & VESPER for Kontakt 5.5

Post by Audiofier team »

Hello Everybody,

I'm pleased to announce the release of VESPER for Kontakt 5.5.

VESPER is a double engine themed ROMpler, geared towards "bells and twinkly things" type of sounds. But it features a randomiser engine, a twin step sequencer and a "Trails layer" which is designed to add motion to each patch.

Vesper comes with 135 sound sources loadable in 2 different slots, plus 20 Trails. Each sound source is multisampled and comes with 3 round robins.

Audiofier's new "intelligent" Randomiser feature is designed to create new sounds quickly. It possible to recall past randomisations and go back and forth in the randomisation history, also recalling past randomistation on the fly. Vesper offers the possibility to create patches from scratch, with multiple ways of choosing sound sources, including a categorised Sound Browser, which works hand in hand with the randomisation engine to quickly create sounds.
Vesper gives the option to reverse sounds on the fly and to adjust the length of each reversed sound by setting the start point with the mod wheel.

In Vesper the user can play both sound sources at once (Single map Mode), one per key zone (Dual Map Mode) or randomly (Random Map Mode), creating interesting changing textures. This both while in Normal Mode or Step Sequencer Mode. The keyboard zones can be defined by the user.
Permanent random generated sequences and Temporary random sequences spice up stale and repetitive phrases.

Price: $59

Please visit http://www.audiofier.com/vesper/

Have a great day!

Roby