Waves sale now down to $19.99 each (inc. Torque)

Time-limited sales and other promotional offers. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Waves sale now down to $19.99 each (inc. Torque)

Post by Guy Rowland »

This is the first time a significant volume of Waves plugins have hit the $19.99 level I believe, and there's some excellent newer ones included - https://www.waves.com/big-september-sale. One of particular note is Torque, which enables you to hange the pitch of a drum but keep its transient properties. AFAIK this is genuinely unique, and extremely useful.

There's also 1 free if you spend over $50, 2 if you spend over $80 but note these are older plugs - https://www.waves.com/free-plugins-spen ... -sept-2024

wst3

Re: Waves sale now down to $19.99 each (inc. Torque)

Post by wst3 »

That is quite the sale! And there are even a couple of plugins I may check out... but do I really need more plugins? Pretty sure the answer is no. And do I really want a tangle of Waves plugins cluttering up my system. Almost assuredly no.

I forget how many Waves plugins I have, but on those rare occasions when I reinstall them I use maybe half a dozen.

There was a time (think parallel port dongles) when Waves was simply the best, the quality of their plugins, and the breadth of their offerings, made the hassle worthwhile. And they were not inexpensive, but at the time I thought they were worth every cent.

I do not begrudge them any money I spent with them. I think I ended up with Gold when I finally bought a collection (it was an upgrade form an older bundle that I paid way too much for<G>.) So all of the sudden I had more plugins than I could count. Which wasn't a huge deal because (a) it wasn't actually that many, and (b) I didn't have a lot from other developers.

Fast forward I don't know (nor do I want to) too many years, and probably too many dollars I've invested in plugins. What I do know is that I have more than I need, and yet I am tempted.

I am also a little bit concerned, how long can they survive at these prices?

There are still a handful of plugins that are uniw

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Re: Waves sale now down to $19.99 each (inc. Torque)

Post by Guy Rowland »

I see the Clarity range hasn't made it in that cheap yet.

Most of their older stuff is perfectly fine, but it's obviously an extremely crowded market now and there's not much that's essential. However three vintage plugs that are still worth having around imo are Soundshifter, Maxx Bass and Center.