Introducing Bunker Samples Sticks & Stones - Vietnamese Lithophone - last few hours of intro price!

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
thesteelydane

Introducing Bunker Samples Sticks & Stones - Vietnamese Lithophone - last few hours of intro price!

Post by thesteelydane »

A cancelled session...

Sticks and Stones is the first release in Bunker Samples new Selects series; smaller, unique instruments at really affordable prices.

A month ago I had some studio time booked in a great studio in Hanoi, but the project we had planned had to be cancelled, so I didn't know what to do with the time I had already paid for. Luckily, two days earlier I had seen my friend Thuy play an instrument literally made from stone (a lithophone), and asked her if we could sample it. And boy, did she come through - she managed to convince Ngoc Tran, a virtuoso lithophone player to come to the studio and let us sample her gorgeous instrument and playing.

And the result...

Introducing Sticks & Stones - Vietnamese Lithophone

Sticks and Stones is a one-of-a-kind Vietnamese lithophone, a pitched percussion instrument made from stone, meticulously sampled in a top Hanoi studio by a professional lithophone player.

It’s an instrument that’s directly connected to nature, cultures and musical traditions that spans the globe and pre-dates modern civilization. It’s raw, earthy, beautiful and in-your-face all at once, and if you are brave enough you can use it to replace your standard orchstral glockenspiel, when you need one that actually goes to 11. It’s nimble and agile with a huge dynamic range, and it’s great for anytime you need a sound that instantly conjures up nature and ancient cultures – or just for layering with your synths for some extra delicious bell tones.

You get two different kinds of mallets, standard hits and rolls with buttery smooth crossfades. You also get resonant rubs with 3 different speeds and a bunch of real, pentatonic glissandos. It comes with a clever articulation switching, so you can jump between hits and rolls on the fly like a real player would.

And here's a teaser:

And the walkthrough:

Intro price just $19 until June 14, after that it goes to $29..

I hope you like it!

Nicolaj, Bunker Samples

P.S. And here's a DAW cast of a demo I wrote. It goes a bit bonkers, but it does show how versatile this think can be, and just how fast and nimble it is:
Bunker Samples - rule breaking virtual instruments

Lawrence

Re: Introducing Bunker Samples Sticks & Stones - Vietnamese Lithophone

Post by Lawrence »

Hmm. I tried to buy Sticks and Stones with PayPal and was immediately directed back here-no idea if I bought it or not!

Topic author
thesteelydane

Post by thesteelydane »

Lawrence wrote: May 16, 2024 6:23 pm Hmm. I tried to buy Sticks and Stones with PayPal and was immediately directed back here-no idea if I bought it or not!
You should get an email from Payhip right away - did you not get that?

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I didn’t-possible I entered my email wrong?

Topic author
thesteelydane

Post by thesteelydane »

Lawrence wrote: May 16, 2024 6:30 pm I didn’t-possible I entered my email wrong?
Possibly. Send me an email through the website, and I’ll see if I can find you in the system. Only successful purchase show up in my system, anything else is a between you and Payhip and PayPal.

Also maybe worth checking your PayPal purchase history if it went through?

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Clearly not. I’ll try again.

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Nope-same thing.

Topic author
thesteelydane

Post by thesteelydane »

Ok, the PayPal issue has been solved. I hate when people who want to buy my stuff can’t.

I’m other news, I’m doing a short series of behinds the scenes of the making of this library. There’ll be a long video coming next week too, but here’s the first bite sized episode:

Topic author
thesteelydane

Re: Introducing Bunker Samples Sticks & Stones - Vietnamese Lithophone - new review, last few days of intro

Post by thesteelydane »

A Joe-Blog Composer has done a review of Sticks & Stones:

And there's still a few days left of the intro price.

Topic author
thesteelydane

Re: Introducing Bunker Samples Sticks & Stones - Vietnamese Lithophone - new review, last few days of intro

Post by thesteelydane »

I have extended the intro price until Sunday, because I had to have some minor hand surgery and didn’t have to time to do the usual “hey, intro price is ending” (which unfortunately is necessary) until today. So you got a couple of days more to save 10$ on natures own glockenspiel.