ReLab / Sonsig Rev-A

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

ReLab / Sonsig Rev-A

Post by Piet De Ridder »

The product isn't presented on the ReLab website yet, but it has been announced in a mail to ReLab's registered users: a new reverb from the makers of the globally revered LX480 and VSR S24 reverbs.

"In order to meet the demands of modern production standards and workflows, today’s reverbs need to go beyond the limitations of their classic counterparts. So after years of R&D and close collaboration with some of the best ears in pro audio, our engineers developed breakthrough algorithm technology that blends the strengths of legendary high-end reverbs with zero-compromise modern filters and processing.
With Sonsig Rev-A, we set out to perfect classic-style digital reverberation by achieving an unparalleled balance of usability, versatility and sound quality.
Sonsig Rev-A combines traditional true-stereo algorithmic reverb with advanced modern filter and modulation controls in a great-sounding, easy to use, affordable plug-in."

As far as I can tell, there are no audio demos yet to check out the sound of the Sonsig, but there is the option to test the plugin yourself by downloading the 10-day trial version. Here's how:

1: Log into your iLok account
2: Click on the “Redeem key”
3: Enter the following key: 9162-6163-5011-3601-6813-6970-5732-75
4: Activate the new key to your machine or iLok key
5: Download and install the Sonsig Rev-A plugin

Mac demo
Windows demo

_

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Re: ReLab / Sonsig Rev-A

Post by Piet De Ridder »

A pretty good video about the Sonsig:

_

Markus K

Post by Markus K »

Just want to say this is a fine one imo. Got the bundle with the lexicons and the relabs became pretty much my go tos .

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Markus K wrote: Aug 17, 2019 3:05 am Just want to say this is a fine one imo.
I agree, Markus. Exactly how fine it is wasn't immediately clear to me when I first tried it out, I must confess, (perhaps I was put off by the sound of the ensemble-algorithm, which produces a type of reverb-sound I'm not really wild about), but after working with it for a while and learning how to get the best from it, it's become a plugin I reach for far more often than I thought I ever would.

_

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

I tried the demo today and it does sound nice. It is a bit bright which can be helpful in some situations. And by changing the modes, I could reduce the brightness over all but it did sound a bit on the bright side still in comparison to say Phoenix verb. This is not a criticism though.

I think, it is very versatile and does create both short and larger spaces well. Sadly, I already have many reverbs that can do this and I am not hearing anything that I can't already do.

Hannes_F

Post by Hannes_F »

Did anybody ever receive a mail from Relab for an upgrade path in case one already has some of their reverbs?
Traveller in boundlessness, at home in the Now
http://www.strings-on-demand.com