Pettinhouse Direct Guitar 4 Revolution

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Pettinhouse Direct Guitar 4 Revolution

Post by Guy Rowland »

Andrea at Pettinhouse has always been an impressive and likeable one man band. I use few sampled guitars, but when I do his are at the top of the list.

Direct Guitar 4 is now out for a Fender Strat. Try and get past the terrible sound on the dialogue here (how and why do audio companies of all people still DO this?!!), the main demo is very impressive.

DirectGuitar 4.0 REVOLUTION sets a new industry standard as the world's first guitar library to eliminate traditional multi-layer sampling.
It offers seamless transitions and infinite alternates, ensuring unparalleled realism and expressiveness.

What makes DirectGuitar 4.0 so revolutionary?

Complete Stratocaster Pickup Sampling: Features every pickup configuration of a Stratocaster, including:

Neck Pickup: Warm, smooth tones.
Neck + Middle Pickups: Balanced warmth and brightness.
Middle Pickup: Crisp, round sound.
Middle + Bridge Pickups: Sharp, bright tones.
Bridge Pickup: Clear, high-output for lead.

Seamless Sample Transitions: The transition between notes is smooth, regardless of velocity changes. This eliminates the abrupt tone shifts typically found in traditional sampling.

Infinite Alternates: Each press of a key offers a unique note, moving beyond the limitations of alternating between two or more repetitive samples.

Natural Bending: The new bending feature produces organic-sounding note bends, free from the artificiality of digital effects.

Advanced Muting Controls: This allows for nuanced string muting, giving you the ability to adjust the dampening effect gradually, as if you were physically interacting with the strings.

Dynamic Pick Positioning: Mimic the natural movement of adjusting pick position from neck to bridge, altering the tone from warm and rhythmic to bright and sharp.

Dynamic Strumming: When you play a chord, DirectGuitar 4.0 automatically performs the strumming for you, mirroring a real guitar's response. The speed and intensity of the strum vary based on your input velocity, allowing for naturally expressive and dynamic playing.

String Height: Slider adjusts string action, affecting buzz and tone.

Power Chords Function: Achieve realistic power chord transitions from muted to open chords with seamless sound continuity.

Funky Function: Execute authentic funky patterns with ease, transitioning smoothly between stopped and open notes to capture the true spirit of funk guitar.DirectGuitar 4.0 REVOLUTION represents more than just a sample library; it's a comprehensive tool designed to enhance and inspire your music production.If you’d like to know more about DirectGuitar 4.0 or have any questions, please feel free to reply to this email. I’m here to assist.

True Legato: The legato feature in this sample library enables seamless note transitions without the multilayer sampling typically found in other libraries. Hammer-ons are used for ascending intervals and pull-offs for descending ones, allowing for fluid, connected musical phrases with infinite variations. The feature also supports trills for rapid note alternation.

Automatic Natural Bending as Key Switches: Provides key switches that automatically execute perfect pitch bends at any velocity

Pinch Harmonics and Harmonics: Create sharp, resonant harmonic tones.
Unison Bends: Achieve simultaneous bending of two or more strings.
Tapping: Emulates guitar tapping techniques for solos and complex melodies.

Customizable Settings: Offers extensive control over pick variation, pick volume, and more in the settings panel..

DirectGuitar 4.0 REVOLUTION is a comprehensive and sophisticated sample library, not just capturing the essence of a Stratocaster but enhancing your musical creativity with its broad range of dynamic and expressive features. Perfect for professional music production, this tool provides all the nuances of guitar playing and extensive customization to fit any musical style.

Minimum System Requirements
Mac OS X 10.13 or newer | Windows 8, 10 or newer

Available Disk Space
6GB | The download is 4.5GB

Supported Interfaces:
Stand-alone, AU,, VST, AAX Native

NO KONTAKT PLAYER - ONLY KONTAKT FULL VERSION
To fully utilize this library, the full version of Kontakt is required, as the free player will only operate in demo mode
Note - Andrea doesn't say what version of Kontakt is supported, but you do need the full version of whatever it is. EDIT - it is 6.8.

$69 - https://www.pettinhouse.com/html/directguitar.html

Owners of Direct Guitar 3 can pick it up for $39 - https://www.pettinhouse.com/html/DG4UP.html

playz123

Re: Pettinhouse Direct Guitar 4 Revolution

Post by playz123 »

You were fast getting the news out, Guy! 😀 Purchased. A few minor problems with the download info at present due to the fact that in some places files are supposedly for DG3. In the email, again DG3 is mentioned, but the download links are for DG4. I assume Andrea will fix this at some point.
Frank E. Lancaster

Ashermusic

Re: Pettinhouse Direct Guitar 4 Revolution

Post by Ashermusic »

I just got it as well. As those of you who know me know, I don't play guitar, not a lick, but I often get comments on how realistic the guitars sound on my recordings and Pettinhouse guitars are among the most frequently employed. This update made a very good library even better.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com