Mix with the Masters - tutorials and good bundled plugins

Production techniques, writing, arranging, and the industry. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Mix with the Masters - tutorials and good bundled plugins

Post by Guy Rowland »

I thought I already started a thread on this, but seems not. Mix With The Masters has a vast library of tutorials from the likes of Al Schmidt, Hans Zimmer, Ludwig Gorranson, John Powell, Chris Lord Alge, Bob Clearmountain, Mitchell Froome, Steve Lipson, Timbaland, Finneas, Steve Albini (RIP), Atticus Ross and an awful lot more.

The videos are in depth, and usually focus on one artist's track. Loved my series from Jeff Bhasker on Mark Ronson's Uptown Funk. Here's a 10 minute sample of Bob Clearmountain on Squeeze:

For $99 you get 4 video series of your choice, one every three months. Mmmok, but you so also get a fairly sizeable bundle of plugins. Many of these are genuinely good, and they do seem to keep adding new ones. Crucially, many of these are permanent licenses too:

Permanent Licenses

Apogee Clearmountain’s Phases
Brainworx Masterdesk
Relab LX480 Essentials
Klevgrand Fosfat (adds transients)
Klevgrand Pana
Nugen SEQ-ST
iZotope Neutron 4 Elements
Safari Fox Echo Chorus
Baby Audio Parallel Aggressor
Modular Drums From Mars
Arturia Tape Mello-Fi
Audiothing Valves
Celemony Melodyne 5 Essential
Acustica Audio Cream

1 Year renewable licenses

Eventide SP2016
Eventide Omnipressor
McDSP SPC2000
Kit BB Mo-Q
Pulsar Echorec
PSP Twin-L
Empirical Labs Arouser

12 Months Sound On Sound free

Samply file sharing

There's also a pro plan of unlimited video access at $319pa.

https://mixwiththemasters.com/

Markus K

Re: Mix with the Masters - tutorials and good bundled plugins

Post by Markus K »

There is a series with John Powell talking about creating a cue for HTTYD 3. This is or has been for free and very interesting I find.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

Markus K wrote: Jun 21, 2024 3:54 pm There is a series with John Powell talking about creating a cue for HTTYD 3. This is or has been for free and very interesting I find.
Thank you for that - I've been curious about the series.

dbh

Post by dbh »

Markus K wrote: Jun 21, 2024 3:54 pm There is a series with John Powell talking about creating a cue for HTTYD 3. This is or has been for free and very interesting I find.
Looks like it's still free - https://mixwiththemasters.com/videos/jo ... third-date

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I can confirm it is still free, and so far it is pretty good - more about composing (at least so far), but the information is good, and he is an entertaining lecturer.