Realitone Sunset Choir

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
lofi

Realitone Sunset Choir

Post by lofi »

@MikeGreen - you should do a “give me your cash” articulation. Perhaps you’ve already have, if so where should I send them :)

Sounds great listening through the noise that is NAMM. Got plenty of mileage out of the strings.
I’m sure this will be as useful.

Best of luck with the release!

/Anders

Guy Rowland

Re: Realitone Sunset Choir

Post by Guy Rowland »

Sounding very nice, good luck with it Mike.

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Looking forward to this, Mike. Sounds great…and I never seem to have enough choir libraries. 😄 Some very unique features in this one should also set it apart from the others.
Frank E. Lancaster

Ashermusic

Post by Ashermusic »

Mike showed it to me at NAMM. Very unique and sounds really good.
Charlie Clouser: " I have no interest in, and no need to create, "realistic orchestral mockups". That way lies madness."

www.jayasher.com

Mike Greene

Post by Mike Greene »

My god, that guy is inarticulate! "This instrument is less than half percent edited" is just one of the cringey gems in there.

This has been a really ambitious project, and I've been much more nervous about this instrument than others, because I went so far overboard with the upfront recording costs. Which is risky, since unlike strings, choirs aren't as easy of a sell. (Some developers and I were joking about how you could release the worst strings library ever, but you can still count on a core group of 500 people who will buy it, no matter how bad.)

Response at the show was very encouraging, though, so I'm feeling optimistic. It's part of why I like doing NAMM, because it energizes and re-motivates me. Although ... with teardown and all the other post-NAMM stuff, I feel like taking a nap. ;)

Scoredog

Post by Scoredog »

half percent is good!
instrument looks really interesting.
looking forward to your rundown of NAMM on VI.

Mike Greene

Post by Mike Greene »

Scoredog wrote: Apr 18, 2023 11:19 am looking forward to your rundown of NAMM on VI.
Just posted:
https://vi-control.net/community/thread ... st-5327475

It's been fun writing about the process, although I wish I could cut to the chase and get to the "It's released!" post.

JJP

Post by JJP »

Mike Greene wrote: Apr 18, 2023 4:28 pm It's been fun writing about the process, although I wish I could cut to the chase and get to the "It's released!" post.
So "less than half percent edited" isn't code for "ready for release"? Coward!
:P ;)
I put dots and lines on paper.

Symbols of Sound - music preparation & consulting
We help you make extraordinary music.