ProjectSAM: Symphobia 3 Lumina 2.0, 30% off intro offer

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

ProjectSAM: Symphobia 3 Lumina 2.0, 30% off intro offer

Post by Guy Rowland »

The latest in the series to get the overhaul.
Completely new engine and spacious design
All-in-One instrument browser
Filter by genre, instrument category and articulation
New Multis
10 slot mixer to arrange and design your own Multis
New legato engine
Adaptive Sync for crescendos and runs
All-new envelopes, filters and modulators
Free update for existing users, 30% off for new customers with the code LUMINA2022

https://projectsam.com/libraries/symphobia-3-lumina/

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Re: ProjectSAM: Symphobia 3 Lumina 2.0, 30% off intro offer

Post by Guy Rowland »

I'm just giving this a whirl(wind) now. The all-in-one patch did take a long time to load first time, and I'm reluctant to batch resave as it might stop old versions working in the template.

The implementation of the Orchestration sections (previously Textures) is a little odd - for Sirens, for example, you can have Full Orchestra, Strings, Choir and finally Winds, Piano, Harp & Percussion, however these are switches rather than the expected mixer. Fortunately you can mix them by shift-clicking another section and then adjusting the individual volume in the right hand panel. It's not super-clear visually what you are doing as both loaded sections are lit, but if you click the one you want to adjust, it works.

A few disappointments to be honest - some of the legatos are still lumpy especially on the distant mics, and some missed opportunities elsewhere. In Mixed Ensembles. The Tutti orchestra cresc-dim sounds wonderful, but if you change a note mid-phrase it re-triggers, which of course sounds unnatural. I'd have preferred at least an option to have it join the sample at the same relative point. Also there's no adaptive sync on these patches.

Stories are finally labelled Multis like the rest of the Symphobia range (though now I miss the shamelessly evocative naming), and there's quite a lot of new ones. Not that many are the very playable kind though.

Still, it's a nice enough refresh and remains a unique library with some gorgeous treasures.

Mikeybabes

Post by Mikeybabes »

I'd love to have a look at the new upgrade, but it looks like Native Access is complete screwed up.

The upgrade fails, and then NA thinks it's got v 2.0 installed, even thought it isn't, so I've I'm currently having to re-install the whole shooting match.

This software seems to be as fragile as your average university student.

Hopefully it will work. There will be tears before bedtime if NA is broken over the Black Friday weekend.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I was really pretty surprised that they did not wait until after the holidays to release the "new and improved" NA. I hope it won't bite them too hard.

I removed the updates to NA and I'll stick with version one for a while - until I run across a library that requires it.

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Fantastic Library. Lumina ver 2.0

I finally got it to complete the Symphobia Trio collection. They are awesome libraries. (Symphobia 1 , 2 , and Lumina all ver 2.0 ).

I'm tempted by #4 :)

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi,

I managed to get both Lumina ver 2.0 , and Symphobia 4 (Pandora) !

Great libraries from ProjectSam. I would love them to make a Ver. 2 of Symphobia 4 (Pandora). it would be awesome !

Cheers,
Muziksculp

wst3

Post by wst3 »

Yes, there is just something about the sound of those recordings that makes me grin. I believe Pandora may have been the first to get the face lift, so it is already at the same level as the others, but I could be (and often am) wrong.

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

wst3 wrote: Dec 06, 2022 3:47 pm Yes, there is just something about the sound of those recordings that makes me grin. I believe Pandora may have been the first to get the face lift, so it is already at the same level as the others, but I could be (and often am) wrong.
Yes, there surely is something special with these libraries. They sound so good, and musical.

Pandora as is now is not at the level of what they offered in ver. 2.0 for Symphobia 1, 2, 3. It would be even more impressive when they upgrade Pandora to ver 2.0