Freebeeee! A warning for those sensitive souls out there. Spitfire content.

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
lofi

Freebeeee! A warning for those sensitive souls out there. Spitfire content.

Post by lofi »

Skärmavbild 2019-11-21 kl. 13.49.07.png
/Anders

Dave

Re: Freebeeee! A warning for those sensitive souls out there. Spitfire content.

Post by Dave »

Is the library called “Original” and “Epic Strings?” It’s obviously just a way to get previous owners to start using their new sampler (even though the LABS is in their sampler, I don’t have any that aren’t Kontakt). So now there is Albion 1 legacy and Albion ONE legacy, which the latter already has Albion 1 legacy patches...so yeah. What is it about these guys that they can’t ever be straight forward about anything?! Sorry for the rant.

Edit: according to their website it seems Original(s) is just the name of this new series.

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Well I appear to have it, I've download it, it installs, and I'm sure it's lovely, but...

What IS is? How do I play it?

I have 3gb of files, patches ending in .zmulti, and no documentation. It's clearly not Kontakt, but doesn't appear to come with a player and nothing has appeared in my DAWs once "installed".

I'm sure all will become clear in time, too busy to try to figure it out for now.

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

Guy Rowland wrote: Nov 21, 2019 12:16 pm ... but...

What IS is? How do I play it?

I have 3gb of files, patches ending in .zmulti, and no documentation. It's clearly not Kontakt, but doesn't appear to come with a player and nothing has appeared in my DAWs once "installed".
It is the free Spitfire Audio Trojan, that will convert all your Kontakt libraries to Spitfire Audio Player format ... didn't you know?
HEY! Stop complaining! It was free, you unthankful twat (this is what Hans Zimmer calls unthankful people, so it should be ok with the forum rules ...)!

Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Quite right FriFlo. With some help, I found the player - I was looking for the magic word Spitfire in my plugin list, thinking there was such a thing as Sptifire Player, but they all come as separate plugins for each instrument, and was filed under Originals - Epic Strings.

Now I don't want to sound unthankful - free is free, even if I already owned the content - but I've never for the life of me understood why anyone liked the strings from Albion 1 (the original). A Juno 106 would do you just as well, and that has a great chorus button. No change here except the interface is MAHOOSIVE, there's no legato even attempted and there's some swampy reverb you can plaster over it all. Actually I think they did de-noise it to be fair, the original had noises in it I've never heard outside a volcano sound effects library.

Well, at least it hasn't made my favourite plugins list any more cluttered. Love the strings in Albion One still though.

FriFlo

Post by FriFlo »

Guy Rowland wrote: Nov 21, 2019 2:39 pm No change here except the interface is MAHOOSIVE, there's no legato even attempted and there's some swampy reverb you can plaster over it all. Actually I think they did de-noise it to be fair, the original had noises in it I've never heard outside a volcano sound effects library.
Be carful with what you say ... some people might call this humor! Others might call it unnecessary disgruntling of VIPs we love to keep here ...

Chris Hurst

Post by Chris Hurst »

I thought the interface was massive as well, until I realised it scales if you want to reduce the size by grabbing a corner of it, which is handy!