Spitfire retire BML Brass, introduce Symphonic Brass

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Lawrence

Re: Spitfire retire BML Brass, introduce Symphonic Brass

Post by Lawrence »

Might have to bump up to 10.95 for that, depending on user feedback.

Aoiichi

Re: Spitfire retire BML Brass, introduce Symphonic Brass

Post by Aoiichi »

Interesting take on it from Tim Davies, orchestrator superstar and host of the excellent Debreved orchestration blog:

"It is like a 'wow, what it could have been' situation. The releases sound terrible and the tuning is quite dodgy! It does sound rich and have the sound of AIR, which is an amazing place to record."

I did notice that in the walkthrough vid, it was stated there were 3 levels of releases but only 2 of them were shown off- very short and very long and neither sounded... that good. Okay I guess, but very stiff and unagile. A shame we had no preview of the middle setting, as that could have been great and made worrying about this redundant, but now I've got to wonder.

SF also released a tutorial vid for a piece, and I did think at certain points they do seem to be very lacking and mechanical in context (5:36, 15:36).

Of course I'm being very harsh, I always am if I'm buying something. But at least the discussion here seems to be much more honest, and able to criticise or be skeptical of something without having to preface you're not trying to destroy the achievements of the team, company, whatever. I am now, however, very tempted to pass this up and attempt to pull together enough money to afford the Berlin Brass on promo (obviously, this may change, when we get more info on that I will be just as scathing).