Lexicon / 50% off all plug-ins (Summer offer)

Instruments, effects, DAWs -- any hardware or software we use to make music. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Lexicon / 50% off all plug-ins (Summer offer)

Post by Piet De Ridder »

For a limited time, you can get 50% off the standard price of any Lexicon plug-in product (digital download only). This includes the PCM Total Bundle, PCM Native Reverb Bundle, PCM Native Effects Bundle, LXP Native Reverb Bundle and MPX Native Reverb Plug-in.
This promotion runs from June 1, 2016, through June 30, 2016.

To purchase a Lexicon Plug-in and take advantage of this offer, simply:

(1) visit the Lexicon web store,
(2) select a plug-in and enter a quantity,
(3) click the "Add to cart" button,
(4) enter the coupon code: LEXSUMMER16 in the "Redeem Your Gift Card/Coupon" data field,
(5) click the "Redeem" button,
(6) click the "Checkout Now" button.

_

playz123

Re: Lexicon / 50% off all plug-ins (Summer offer)

Post by playz123 »

Received their email this morning, and am thinking about the PCM Native reverb bundle. I already have the LXP bundle, but hardly ever use it because I just wasn't getting the results I wanted. Last year I asked if anyone who has experience with the PCM reverb plug-ins could offer some guidance or comments, but didn't receive any responses. Therefore I'd still like to know more before considering a purchase.
Frank E. Lancaster

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi Piet De Ridder,

Thanks for the head up on the Lexicon special deal.

I don't currently own any of the Lexicon plug-ins. Which bundle would you recommend for general purpose diverse musical applications ?

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Sculp,

The PCM Native Reverb bundle (which, when introduced, cost somewhere around $1500 I seem to remember). Even though you'll always run into into someone who maintains that the software isn't quite up to the quality of the hardware, these are seven seriously good reverbs.

You can always try the demo before deciding.

_

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Please note the following though:
As a result, support for OS X El Capitan is not currently offered for Lexicon digital hardware, software applications, or third-party proprietary software used with our product ranges. We cannot confirm a date for providing support for this platform at present, but note that full software testing and verification will commence following the official launch by Apple.

To keep your system working normally with the affected products, Lexicon strongly recommends waiting before upgrading your operating system to OS X 10.11 El Capitan until full software testing and verification has been completed.

Windows 10 Operating System

The correct operation of the full, public release of Windows 10 is not yet verified by our development and test departments. As a result, support for Windows 10 is not currently offered for Lexicon digital hardware, software applications, or third-party proprietary software used with our products. We cannot confirm a date for providing support for Windows 10, but note that full software testing and verification is underway.
Frank E. Lancaster

Daryl

Post by Daryl »

There was a bug in the software that made the plugs almost unusable, but I think it only existed in the Windows RTAS version. Hopefully it is not present in the new versions.

tack

Post by tack »

The Native Reverb bundle looks to be cheaper at plugindiscounts.com. $233.49 USD there, as opposed to $300 from Lexicon directly.
- Jason

Carles

Post by Carles »

tack wrote:The Native Reverb bundle looks to be cheaper at plugindiscounts.com. $233.49 USD there, as opposed to $300 from Lexicon directly.
About the same ($232.95 USD) at Audiodeluxe.

Piet, any experiences with these within a orchestral samples context? I've heard that Random Hall works really well.

Carles

tack

Post by tack »

Trying out the Native Reverb demo. Just puttering on a piano (VintageD).

There is definitely a lot of EQing happening to the input. For example, Random Hall is not miles away from Valhalla Vintage Verb preceded by a wide 2-3dB boost around 200Hz.

I will say that the Lexicon verbs seem to do well to maintain clarity of the original source even when dripping wet.

Need much more time to play. Fortunately, unlike the Clariphonic sale, we appear to have all of June to evaluate. :)
- Jason

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Carles wrote: About the same ($232.95 USD) at Audiodeluxe.
On my screen, their page is showing $299 for the Lexicon PCM Native Reverb Bundle........>???

I am seeing "plugindiscounts.com. $233.49 USD" that Tack reported.

Daryl, are you suggesting that those problems with Windows 10 and the latest Mac O/S have been solved, and therefore the plugins work fine in both systems? Strange Lexicon would still have that warning on their web site if they had corrected the problems already.
Frank E. Lancaster

Carles

Post by Carles »

playz123 wrote:On my screen, their page is showing $299 for the Lexicon PCM Native Reverb Bundle........>???
Hi Frank, yes, Audiodeluxe has a particular way to work. You need to open an account first, so to see the actual price with additional discount you have to add the product/s to your cart. Automatically there is some coupon code already filled in (i.e. summer discount).

Adding plugindiscount.com to my bookmarks though as it seems that they do great discounts too and it's easier to see the actual prices directly.

Daryl

Post by Daryl »

playz123 wrote: Daryl, are you suggesting that those problems with Windows 10 and the latest Mac O/S have been solved, and therefore the plugins work fine in both systems? Strange Lexicon would still have that warning on their web site if they had corrected the problems already.
Frank, this was on Windows 7 and only in Pro Tools. There was no problem with the VST version. Lexicon also admitted that either they couldn't solve the problem or weren't going to solve the problem. However, if you aren't using Pro Tools on Windows, it is unlikely to be a concern anyway.

woodsdenis

Post by woodsdenis »

Or..... Try the Exponential Audio reverbs from the developer of those algos.

The Lexicons do sound fantastic with a neglegable CPU hit, but the lack of developement in them concerned me , and I didn't buy them and went for the Exponential revs instead .
Thanks, Denis

Cubase 10.5, Live 10, Mac Pro 10.14.6

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Carles wrote:
playz123 wrote:On my screen, their page is showing $299 for the Lexicon PCM Native Reverb Bundle........>???
Hi Frank, yes, Audiodeluxe has a particular way to work. You need to open an account first, so to see the actual price with additional discount you have to add the product/s to your cart. Automatically there is some coupon code already filled in (i.e. summer discount).

Adding plugindiscount.com to my bookmarks though as it seems that they do great discounts too and it's easier to see the actual prices directly.
Thanks, Carles, for explaining that. I didn't create an account at Audiodeluxe, so didn't realize one must do so then login to see their 'best' price. That process may mislead others as well. At least at plugindiscount they don't show ANY prices unless one creates an account, so that seems more logical to me. :) Cheers.
Frank E. Lancaster

playz123

Post by playz123 »

woodsdenis wrote:Or..... Try the Exponential Audio reverbs from the developer of those algos.

The Lexicons do sound fantastic with a neglegable CPU hit, but the lack of developement in them concerned me , and I didn't buy them and went for the Exponential revs instead .
Which one of their reverbs did you buy?? Again they are not shown as being compatible with the latest Windows and Mac operating systems, even though they may be fine.
Frank E. Lancaster

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Daryl wrote:
playz123 wrote: Daryl, are you suggesting that those problems with Windows 10 and the latest Mac O/S have been solved, and therefore the plugins work fine in both systems? Strange Lexicon would still have that warning on their web site if they had corrected the problems already.
Frank, this was on Windows 7 and only in Pro Tools. There was no problem with the VST version. Lexicon also admitted that either they couldn't solve the problem or weren't going to solve the problem. However, if you aren't using Pro Tools on Windows, it is unlikely to be a concern anyway.
Thanks Daryl. What the problems were....or are....is very unclear from their statements, and the lack of development was a concern for me as well, since those same warnings were in place last year. Might have been helpful if they had elaborated.
Frank E. Lancaster

mickeyl

Post by mickeyl »

Does anyone have both the Lexikon and the Valhalla reverb plugins and can comment on how those relate?
Cheers,

Dr. Michael Lauer – My Music

Jack Weaver

Post by Jack Weaver »

I have the Lexicon software, hardware and Valhalla.

There are a lot more stylistic choices available with the Lexicon. The interface is 'more technical'. There are many, many presets - well organized and logically categorized. Random Hall (Small) has been my go to reverb for woodwinds - primarily VSL - for years and years. Occasionally I can get what I need out of MIR Pro for woodwinds but Random Hall is just such a no-brainer.

Seth @ Valhalla is a great and intuitive programmer. His products are first rate. I like them but don't end up using them that much with all my other choices. But if you don't have a lot of other hardware and software choices then Valhalla is an excellent professional way to go. He seems to do a good job with programs that use modulation as a key component. The Valhalla products are a bit more 'creative' in fx and modulation situations overall.

Quality wise I would choose the Lexicon for orchestral work and the Valhalla more for rock and pop. Valhalla is a 'living' product that will be updated over time. The Lexicon is an end-of-life product whose developer has left the company to start Exponential Audio.

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi,

I have Exponential Audio's PhoenixVerb which I like a lot, and have been thinking about getting their R2 Reverb as well. But now that I have the option of the Lexicon PCM bundle, I'm trying to decide between these two options (Exponential Audio R2 or Lexicon PCM Bundle ?)

Your feedback, thoughts on this ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

woodsdenis

Post by woodsdenis »

playz123 wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:Or..... Try the Exponential Audio reverbs from the developer of those algos.

Which one of their reverbs did you buy?? Again they are not shown as being compatible with the latest Windows and Mac operating systems, even though they may be fine.
I have used R2 for a year or so and just got Phoenix in the last sale. They are stellar and have that Lexicon sound, the Lexicon revs are great but as Jack said an EOL product which at some point , probably sooner than later will be obsolete or at best problematic. I have the Valhalla reverbs but for me the Exponential audio revs are used all the time since I got them, R2 being the Random hall type one and Phoenix being the more natural one. Their sale has just ended unfortunately.
Thanks, Denis

Cubase 10.5, Live 10, Mac Pro 10.14.6

mr anxiety

Post by mr anxiety »

Plus 1 for Exponential Audio verbs. R2 is an awesome sound for orchestral work. It works really well with SPAT also.

Mr A
Cubase 9 PC W7 MoL VEP5 (2) RME HDSP 96/52
Pro Tools 10 MAC (9) 192 Interface via Magma chassis

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Exponential Audio R2 is currently priced at $269. vs the Lexicon PCM Native Bundle is $ 299.98

I know I missed the R2 discounted price. (bummer).

Given the two options above, What would you choose ?

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Muziksculp wrote:Exponential Audio R2 is currently priced at $269. vs the Lexicon PCM Native Bundle is $ 299.98
The Lexicons can be purchased at present for ca. $240 US (See posts above for sources).
Frank E. Lancaster

playz123

Post by playz123 »

Jack Weaver wrote:The Lexicon is an end-of-life product whose developer has left the company to start Exponential Audio.
Ah-h-h, that explains a lot then. Thanks Jack for that information; very helpful.
Frank E. Lancaster

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

playz123 wrote:
Jack Weaver wrote:The Lexicon is an end-of-life product whose developer has left the company to start Exponential Audio.
Ah-h-h, that explains a lot then. Thanks Jack for that information; very helpful.
Based on this info. I will go with Exponential Audio's R2 instead of the Lexicon PCM Bundle. I really like the quality, and interface of Exp.Audio's PhoenixVerb (which I have). Their support, and products are first class !

Cheers,
Muziksculp